Gain insight to effective communication, networking and project management in Ireland. Learn how to build effective work and social relationships, understand how Irish give feedback, convey urgency and gain collaboration. Understand Irish cultural values within an increasingly diverse society and expanding economy, their business and management practices, and gain recommendations for planning business travel or hosting Irish at your site for technology transfer.
Understand the cultural values operating in Ireland, gain strategies and tactics for business and management challenges, and communicate effectively to gain buy-in, commitment and results when working with Irish.
Training Content – Participants will learn:
- Cultural Values: Key Irish cultural values that shape the Irish individual and group identity, unique motivators, and behaviors. Learn how to build relationships and trust to become an “insider”.
- Business and Management Practices: Build teamwork with Irish and the multicultural workforce in Ireland; view punctuality and meeting deadlines; build credibility and respect; reach agreement and clarify commitments; discover Irish decision-making and collaboration practices.
- Corporate Contrasts: Similarities and differences between Irish culture and your corporate culture (values and business practices), i.e., how Irish view customer orientation, risk-taking, quality, innovation, work/life balance, safety, valuing diversity, teambuilding, etc.
- Fundamentals: Essential briefing on “must know” facts about Ireland, including its European Union context, current events, business and economic climate for the Celtic Tiger and attitudes toward global companies operating in Ireland; demographic profile (regional, generational, etc.) of the workforce; and the education system that shapes Irish professionals for recruiting and training.
- Communication Style: Working effectively with Irish directness, indirectness and defensiveness; organization of information; giving positive and negative feedback; using humor to deal with a range of issues including conflict and persuasion. Learn good conversation openers and taboos to avoid; understand Irish-style English; interpret gestures and body language.
- Business Travel: Packing for Ireland; business entertainment, hospitality, and social etiquette with the Irish; work schedules and holidays; dealing with local authorities, laws and transportation.
What participants have to say:
“Irish values and culture are clearly different, despite some common components (with the U.S.). This course was very helpful in modifying my communication style to be more effective with Irish coworkers.”
– Process Engineer, Oregon
“Great training on how to interact with the Irish; the art of persuading, and communication styles. Really opened my eyes to a variety of things.” – Finance Manager, Oregon
Céad mile fáilte
One hundred thousand welcomes
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, the rains fall soft upon your fields, and, until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.
May you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows you’re dead.